THE COMPANY: Peak Scientific is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. With over 20 years of sustained growth, Peak has firmly established itself as a dominant player in a global market for laboratory gas generation worth over £250m in 2019, with a focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 500 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade. With this continuing success and growth we are looking for a Territory Sales Manager to support our China operations.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this new role will involve a heavy focus on China Beijing/Shnaghai/Guangzhou market, and will be responsible for:
- Supporting Distributors in the region to help close and develop business.
- Providing sales and technical advice and support for OEMs, distributors and end user customers.
- Developing End User business.
- Supporting customers throughout the sales process which will involve travel, meetings, negotiating discounts, producing quotations, follow up etc.
- Call planning, Diary Management and reporting.
- Developing and identifying new sources of strategic business growth and development.
- Maintaining an accurate customer database.
THE CANDIDATE:You will have the following skills sets and experience:
- Customer focussed with a hard work etc.
- Sales experience in China.
- Excellent problem solver for both technical and commercial problems.
- Ability to adapt and to communicate well with people at all levels.
- A need to be passionate about business and travel in China.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong language skills, including English.
- A degree in a relevant scientific subject. i.e. Chemistry or similar.
We recruit individuals who fit our culture and values. The atmosphere is fun, friendly but with a high degree of professionalism and a non- corporate feel. We respect our colleagues, customers and suppliers and we offer freedom to act, to challenge the status quo but to also take responsibility.
If this describes you and you can see yourself playing a role at the core of our organisation and our expanding technology manufacturing business, there’s a great career pathway awaiting you.